Nude Beaches & Recreation - Dr. Leisure
Dr. Leisure has become the number one provider of information on
nude beaches and recreation on the internet with links to other
informational sites dealing with family nudism and naturism all over
the world. Dr. Leisure is committed to having the most comprehensive
information on clothing optional beaches and resorts on the net. If
you are, or want to become a nudist/naturist this is the site for
you. It may be a cliché, but nude is natural, and there is no
better way to experience the human condition. Get in touch with
yourselves and others with the help of Dr. Leisure and the
information on this web site.
Dr. George R. Harker wrote the book on public
nude beaches. The classic work entitled Creation
and Management Guide to public clothing optional beaches and
parks was first published in 1990 by the American
Sunbathing Association. An extensively plagiarized version was
published in 2000 by the American Association of Nude Recreation.
Dr. Harker has been called as an expert witness
or been involved in most every case involving nude recreation in the
last fifteen years.
* Nude Beaches
* Monk Seal
Documentary Video * Links * Getting
Started Nude * Weddings
* Hot Springs *
TABLE OF CONTENTS -- DRLEISURE.COM
- The real story of KP2 the monk seal supposedly abandoned by
his mother and rescued by National Marine Fisheries. Actually he
was taken from his mother when just a day old. The previous year
his sister was taken from his/her mother at five days old and
subsequently killed. Learn about his development of cateracts
under NMF care. (Not an uncommon occurance when monk seals are
cared for by NMF. Click this
- The Most Dangerous Tourist Attraction of Maui and possibly of
Hawaii. Dr. Leisure looks at the death and injury rate at Makena
State Park since 2004. Most visitors to have no idea what
dangers they are being exposed to. Dr. Leisure suggest that the
life guards established on Big Beach May 1, 2009 actually
contribute to the manifestation of the death and injury they
were intended to diminish. Most
Dangerous Tourist Attraction.
- Talk by Dr. Trisha Kehaulani Watson, Hawaiian Monk Seals in
Native Hawaiian Culture given February 16, 2011 at the Hawaiian
Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary.Very
interesting talk with particular emphasis on the comments by
native Hawaiian's in attendance. Click this link.
- The third portion of
testimony submitted by Dr. George R. Harker regarding the
actions by the National Marine Fisheries Service which is
proposing to implement specific management actions and
administer the associated research and enhancement program for
Hawaiian monk seals in the Hawaiian Islands. This installment
looks at the circumstances surrounding the take of KP2 from his
mother RK22 May 2008. In PDF
format click here Testimony III.
- Steps to take to Open
the Ahihi-Kinau Natural Area Reserve immediately. Rocks
placed along the road across the reserve need to be removed and
pull-offs restored. This would alow better traffic flow and
facilitate the passage of emergency vehicles through the
area. Nothing is gained by keeping the reserve closed. The
reserve needs to be placed back on the map! Seeps that can be
taken to acheive that end are presented.
- Posted November 26, 2010, Some Observations on a Monk
Seal Mother and Pup, Field Notes of Observations of Hawaiian
Monk Seal (Monachus schauinslandi). Thirty four pages of
material annotating the raw video of Koki the monk seal growing
up Maui style.
- Comments of Dr. George R. Harker on the Ahihi-Kinau Natural Area Reserve
Draft Management Plan a detailed look at how and why
the plan fails. Restoration efforts tied with low impact human
use for hiking, bedroll camping, nature study, and hunting
associated with the original 1973 legislation have been excluded
from ninety-nine percent of the park Tons of rock have been
brought in to obliterate planned and reinforced trails.Burial
Caves have been sealed with concrete. Read the
comments and more on this website here.. Read and download
a PDF of the comments Ahihi-Kinau
Natural Area Reserve Draft Management Plan as submitted
on Noverber 19, 2010 to DLNR. by clicking on PDF Comments
- Testimony of Dr. George R. Harker regarding the actions by the
National Marine Fisheries Service which is proposing to
implement specific management actions and administer the
associated research and enhancement program for Hawaiian monk
seals in the Hawaiian Islands. Testimony
- A Wedge-tailed Shearwater Documentary that looks at the
development of the bird from egg to fledgling in a series of
shots in the burrow. A view not often seen by the usual park
Tailed Shearwater Documentary.
- Documentary on Koki the Monk Seal born October 9, 2009. What
makes this series unique is that Koki narrates the videos! (The
premise is that Koki is channeling through Dr. Leisure.) Koki the Documentary
- New page consolidates material on the Humpback Whale. Humpback Whale General Page.
- Rumors circulate that Koki the Monk Seal is dead. For more
information click Koki
- Page looking at the Wedge Tailed Shearwater (Puffinus
pacificus) through the seasons with emphasis on the
nesting, egg laying, and rearing of the chicks at Kamaole Beach
Park III on Maui.Wedge
Tailed Shearwater through the seasons.
- Developing story of Koki the Monk Seal born October 9, 2009 at
Hanna. This is the more detailed account being developed as time
and events allow. Koki
Monk Seal, a work in progress.
- Information on the drowning of Jacob Pelta on
January 12, 2010 at Makena State park. The date is one day short
of the sixth anniversary of the death of Richard Young under
- Contact information to voice comments and concerns on NOAA
desire and pending effort to relocate Koki the monk seal born
Oct 9, 2009 in Hana. Click
- Monk Seal born on Koki Beach just outside of Hana. Dr. Leisure
follows his first seven weeks documented
- Ocean Fish Farming in Hawaii some observations and suggestions.
- Hawksbill Turtle nesting
impaired by lifeguard towers
- Latest on near drowning of June 26, 2009 Hit
- Brief update on near
drowning at Little Beach on June 26, 2009. Swift and
immediate action by regular beach users key to the prevention of
another drowning at Makena State Park. Assistance of Life Guards
noted and appreciated.
- The presence of Life
Guards creates much more dangerous environment for Makena
State Park beach users than existed before.
- The complete book signing presentation at Maui's Borders Book
store for the SuperFerry
Chronicles December 2008
- Brandon Michael witness the birth of a Humpback Whale at
Makena Landing January 13, 2009. Birthing photo
- What appears to be a breeding pair of Monk Seals is seen in
the park from July 8, 2008 onward Two Monk Seals
- A number of good reasons to remove the Feral cat
colonies of Makena State Park. Feral
cat munches Shearwater
- Death of Wedge Tailed Shearwater early June, may be one of the
last of this colony taken out by feral cats of Makena. Wedge Tailed
- Court date June 18, 2008 on beach access issue. For more
details and an overview of the issue click here: Beach access court.
- Information on how to be involved in Turtle watching 2008 i.e.
watching for nest laydown, monitoring nest etc. Click turtles 2008
- Update of a classic: An Insight into the
Fallacies of Christian Fundamentalism by Gordon Gill
(Revised April 2014)
- Maluaka, the green house built on sand! A look at Mr.
Dowling's ten points on how to build a green house and how they
apply to the Condos of
- Information on Lucienne De Naie and Theresa Donham's new book:
Project Ka'eo The Challenge to preserve Cultural Landscapes in
Modern Makena A land famous with the Chiefs from the distant
for more information and how to obtain this book. Click here.
- A new posting of the remarks of Kahu David Kapaku and Nikki
Stange regarding SaveHonolua and a good overview on how
Hawaiian's think about the destruction of their home. Fifty
minutes of a presentation made at a SaveMakena meeting January
14, 2008. I can not recommend this presentation enough. Click here to
view the five segments.
- A look at the activity of a Monk Seal that hauled out January
25, 2008. Ever wonder what a seal does all day. Here is one answer click
- A collection of YouTube shots of Monk Seals at Makena State
Park. Monk Seals Makena
- A look at the law regarding beach access in Hawaii. HRS
115. Link beach access
Trail ride gives good overview of what is slated to be destroyed
by Everet Dowling and Associates. Check out the view of south
Makena before it goes away along with the Monk Seal, Hawksbill
turtle and the indigenous people of Hawaii.Link.
- Warning: Reading Hazard signs at Black Sand Beach may be
harmfull to your health. Link Approved
signage placement creates danger trying to avoid.
- Site destruction at the Maluaka at Makena the latest
"environmentally sensitive" effort by Everet Dowling. Link
- On going compilation of Makena State Park visitation. An
actual count is made each day at approximately 1:00. Check out the user study.
- Black Sand Beach to reopen? Approved
signage obtained from Maui Signs. Check them out. Posted
August 21, 2007. Ten months of park closure for this?
- The art of Ron Reeder. Some paintings based on drawings
done in 1969. With some observations by the artist. Check
- Article from Maui news speaking about the invasive algae and their impact on local
reefs. Forshadows the impact of Makena Resorts and the
Black Sand Housing.
- Additional information on Black Sand closure
and the damage from the housing development in the 1977 proposed
Makena State park
- After six years replacement handicapped toilet
arrives at Makena State Park. Toilets with views on the
beach removed and relocated adjacent to the parking lot. Entry
to Makena State Park Beach is down a corridor between the vendor
lunch wagon and the portable toilets. Now is that aesthetics or
- Letter to Governor Linda Lingle on the issues of no life
guards at Big Beach although funded since July 1, 2007, closure
of Black Sand Beach since Oct 15, 2006, limiting of beach access
and other issues. Letter to
- Up to the minute beach safety report on Makena State Park.
Although lifeguards funding has been available since July1, 2007
they will in all likelyhood never appear. For your own safety
check this link and heed the advice. Broken necks are not
something you want to take home from your vacation in paradise.
Beach Safety - Big Beach and Little Beach.
- Earthquake report and update on closing of Black Sand
- Funding for lifeguards has been approved for Makena State Park
effective July 1, 2007 see Lifeguards.
- A article from the Maui News detailing the purchase of the Maui Prince and the
lands adjacent to Makena State Park. A must read if you
are concerned about the future of Makena and the state park.
- Engine replacement anniversary March 2007. One year ago Dr.
Leisure successfully installed a remanufactured engine in his
1989 Ford Ranger. See the pictures and get further information
at White Ranger Down (
get it! remember Black Hawk Down.)
- A picture review of the evolution of Dr Leisure's ride from
the days of low truck
camper shell to the present. Could anyone imagine the
evolution of the truck.
- An August 2006 editorial
the Maui News that really summarizes the lack of progress
in the operation of Makena State Park.
- How about a Monk Seal
Sanctuary along the Makena coast from the Prince Hotel
south. This is a critically endangered species that hauls out
along this coast. It must be left alone for six weeks to
successfully raise a pup.
- The people to contact if
you want to make a difference in the development of Makena State
Park and the adjacent region. The stewards of Makena.
- Makena State Park wetland
enhancement. Some do not agree that the effort constitutes
enhancement but rather a settling basin for sewage effluent.
- An ongoing compilation of the known shore break injuries
associated with Makena State Park beginning in January 2006.
- Luxury residences at
Black Sands in the North West corner of 1977
proposed Makena State Park significantly desecrate what
should be a world class park.
- Update regarding Fire Dance of Sunday January 21, 2007 at
least twenty were cited for not leaving the park soon
- New read by Gordon Gill: Thirty Years of Campus
Pulchritude (Eager Coeds and Playboy) a fun read.
- Citations issued to fire dancers at Little Beach. New
interpretation of park rules on fires precludes any fire in the
state park. Fire
Citations December 2006
- Art print of Monk Seal available Click on
Monk Seal Art Print. New Oct 5, 2006
- Please don't feed the birds. Crapping up paradise at Little
Beach. The birds of Little
- Toilet facilities at Makena State Park Hawaii are not ADA
compliant. Indeed leave a lot to be desired. Click here Portables
- Junk cars at Makena a brief photo review.
- The cat colonies of
Makena State Park the reason a game wildlife plan is not needed.
- The Petition to open
the park 24/7 a must sign if one wants to save Makena
- Some comments on the wetland
restoration destroying Makena State Park.
- Hours changed to 5AM to 7:45PM reason is said to be public
safety issue read about the true hazards of Makena State
- Hours changed without notice at Makena
State Park! Urgent. Needs your immediate attention. Hours now 5AM to 6PM
before 5 to 9!
- The adventures of "Uni" the Axis
deer with only one antler first sited May 26, 2006.
Destined to be the official mascot of Dr. Leisure's Friends of
Makena State Park.
- A new Lunch wagon
concession at Makena State Park inter fears with emergency
crews. Life guards needed not lunch wagons!
- Monk seal adjacent to Little Beach April 23, 2006. Some neat
pictures of monk seal.
Updated August 20, 2006 with pictures of July 19 and 23, must
- Creator of anatomically correct Dr. Leisure doll makes lovable
bears from your pet's fur. Check out Gwen's Petbears.com for information.
Use your imagination, hair need not be from your dog or cat.
- Dr Leisure's mobile studio Dr.
Leisure's Mobile Studio
- Makena State Park, Thursday November 24, 2005, In Memoriam Murray Swedenborg
- Workers Compensation claim appeal filed by Dr. George R.
Harker against Department of Education on November 30, 2005.
This page is the complete
affidavit filed by Dr. Harker. Interesting reading if
interested in the politics of Education in Hawaii.
- According to knowledgeable sources the historical Jesus Christ
is Dr. Leisure's fifty seventh great grandfather. Details at
this location: Jesus Christ
- Some Call Me Oji (Others Call Me
Crazy) in stock
and available by priority mail. Order today. Special
$20 includes shipping.
- Sierra Club and Dr. Leisure's Friends of Makena State Park
gather much trash February 20, 2005. Pictures of the
- Fourth Drowning at Makena State Parks on December 10, 2004
prompts urgent request for life guards at Big Beach. Letter to Governor Linda
Lingle requesting reinstatement of funds for life guards
at Makena State Park
- Latest cut to substitute teaching pay and other adjustments to
pay are discussed. Dr. Leisure offers advice to substitute
Substitute Teaching -- Latest Developments
- Hawksbill Turtles emerge
at Little Beach as well as Big Beach at Makena State Park 2004.
Check out for more pictures and directions to great video.
- Dr. George R. Harker credentials as an expert witness are
presented in this disclosure
statement of an expert witness.
to Dr. Leisure Examines the direct link
between the King of the Franks and Dr. George R. Harker. The
blood line includes many Kings of England. Charlemagne was into
nude bathing in hot springs as well.
- Musical by Michael Eric Stein All Good Things the Musical
is based on the story of The Remains to have world
Premiere at New York International Fringe Festival in August.
Details go to www.drleisure.com/MichaelEricStein.html
- Books donated to Somaliland
Programme. Multiple copies of Abdi Sheik-Abdi's
books Tales of Punt and When the Hyena Laughs have
contributed to the Catholic Institute for International
- Dr. George R. Harker's classic Creation and Management
Guide to public clothing optional beaches and parks
available as eBook. Originally published by the American
Sunbathing Association in 1990. The document had a
profound impact on nude beach management in North America. For
more information click the title.
- Obituary of Richard McKeon Young
1960-2004. Richard died in the surf off of Little Beach on
January 13, 2004. (Detailed account in preparation.)
- Carl J. Welland (
February 27, 1946 -- December 12, 2003) (Obituary.)
- Some Call Me Oji (Others
Call Me Crazy) written by Carl J. Welland and first
published by DrLeisure.com in early 2003 this book has already
become a classic for its treatment and insight into the Little
Beach Scene on Maui. Recent printing now in stock, order today.
- Know Nudity - Information on Nude Beaches
Guide to Doctor Leisure - Publisher
Dr. Leisure specializes in the publication of yet to
be discovered authors. Listed below are some of the incredible
books by incredible people published by Dr. Leisure. All books
can be obtained direct from the publisher at substantial
discounts. Check them out by clicking on the titles below:
Dr. Leisure also publishes and distributes art:
Books Published, Distributed or Recommended by Dr.
Entry page authorized site of
A compendium of Dr. Harker's belongings taken from the
Church and School of International Détente is presented at Theft of
R. Harker 1943-20??
An educator and scholar associated with the
nude beach phenomena from the early eighties. Presents a
chronological overview and review of his accomplishments. Also
examines the destruction of his life work by individuals who
were able to circumvent the constitution and the system of
government which was supposed to protect and preserve those
Fairview High School - Class
of 1961 Official Unofficial Site
FAIR USE NOTICE
contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always
authorized by the copyright owner. We are making
such material available in our efforts to
advance understanding of environmental,
political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific,
and social justice issues, etc. We believe this
constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted
material as provided for in section 107 of the
US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17
U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is
distributed without profit to those who have
expressed a prior interest in receiving the
included information for research and educational
purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.
wish to use copyrighted material from this site
for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use',
you must obtain permission from the copyright